Thursday, January 30, 2014

Keeping Guacamole Green

The Guacamole Test: Guacamole Topped with Water
This idea came from The Kitchn and is a little bit of kitchen genius. Here’s how it works: Start by putting your freshly made guacamole in a container with a tight-fitting lid then push the guacamole down into the container to get rid of any air pockets. Next, pour 1/2 inch of lukewarm water on top, seal the container, and pop it in the fridge. When you’re ready to eat the guacamole, pour out the water and stir the guacamole to incorporate any surface moisture. That’s it. My guacamole was still bright and green after a full 24 hours, but the Kitchn reports this method keeps your guac good to go for three days.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post, I always wondered how to keep it green, my solution was to eat it all and not store have any leftovers, but now I can give this method a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha . . . I'm with Diane - eat it! I've always had really good luck, if there is any left over, by putting the guacamole in an airtight container, pressing saran wrap on the top making sure all air bubbles are gone and then sealing the container.

    ReplyDelete